StreamNative is helping organizations build the next generation of messaging and event streaming applications. We do this by offering Apache Pulsar and StreamNative’s ‘products as a service’.
About the Role
The StreamNative team is growing! We are looking for a technical writer with proven experience writing and editing technical content for software developers, architects, and operational support personnel. If you can transform technical content into a must-read and are adept at translating complex technology to meet the user’s needs, this could be a great fit.
In this role, you will develop technical content for our open source community and StreamNative customers, including product and feature documentation and course content for instructor-led and self-paced training. You will author and edit content that covers the architecture, design, deployment, development, management, and troubleshooting of Apache Pulsar software and StreamNative products.
- Plan, create, and update concepts, procedures, and reference content for Apache Pulsar software and StreamNative products.
- Perform audience analysis
- Translate technical content into user-centered documentation.
- Apply content design, structured authoring and user experience knowledge
- Write about technical subjects clearly and concisely
- Develop effective working relationships with subject matter experts
- Influence the design of products and processes
- Creatively use instructional design strategies to develop real-world and use case driven learning content that drives adoption of Apache Pulsar.
- Develop e-learning courses
- Develop graphic elements for e-learning (pictures & video).
- Record and edit audio for e-learning narration.
- Create content for the training website.
- Create test questions, activities, and exercises.
- Work with appropriate internal and external stakeholders to develop, maintain, and revise course content and other learning content.
- Interact with geographically diverse subject matter experts and project teams
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in technical writing, technical communication, instructional design, learning design and technology, or a related field
- 5+ years working in a software development environment.
- 5+ years developing technical product documentation, preferably for open-source software products
- Minimum 4 years of instructional design and LMS experience
- Experience developing applications with Apache Pulsar and Apache BookKeeper or related technologies.
- Development experience using Java, C#, C++, Go, Python programming languages.
- Experience with structured authoring and C/CMS systems is preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Camtasia, Captivate, Articulate, 360Learning, and/or other documentation and training development tools is a plus